Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Rise N Shine....

If you are a resident of Barrow Alaska ...you are seeing the first day of the 24 hour sun days until mid November. Imagine waking up at 3 AM to take a ...well you know, and seeing the sun out! How would you get back to sleep? Now since there are only about 4,600 of you in Barrow, I doubt any of you will read this or comment on it...but if you do...all 10 of us who DO read this will be interested in knowing what it is like up there 300 freeking miles north of the Artic Circle!
It chills me to even think of it....but Colorado at above 7000 ft. is no sauna either! I'm really looking forward to warmer, longer days here in the Rockies. I never cease to be amazed by the people who wear shorts and short sleeve tee shirts in the middle of a spring snow storm....while I'm bundled up in a downfilled winter coat and snow boots! This adjustment to a colder clime might take a while....
Oh...almost forgot, if you are a resident in Barrow and you want to inquire about satellite internet up there...don't call me....I can't help you even though I would like to.....no satellites with footprints at that latitude - sorry!
For Satellite service in the "lower 48" go to: http://www.vsatus.com