Monday, April 11, 2005

"The Great Palmer Divide Blizzard of 2005"

I live in the hills overlooking Monument Colorado and today is the most brutal snowstorm I've seen in my lifetime...I know, for those of you who have lived here many years...it's just another spring storm...but for me it's history in the making !

I can imagine telling my grandkids about The Great Palmer Divide Blizzard of 2005... "It started with a whistling wind and a few flurries and by the time it ended there was more than 6 foot of snow on the ground"...fish story ya think? Anyway, I'll take a hundred photos of it with my trusty Digital camera to prove to 'em it really happened.....working on how to make it look like 6'. We'll be staying in today.
- 8 PM Sunday - We have over 14" of snow on the ground and drifts up to 3'...this storm is no longer a joking matter and it's still coming down. I pray for those who have lost electricity in this general area.
- 6:00 AM Monday - 20" of snow on the ground with drifts up to 5'...opening an outside door brings a wave of snow into the house. Still snowing...I may not have to exagerate to the grandkids after all. Now I know what "Digging out after the Storm" means!

Rocky